● Product Description:
► First Hole: Striping Jacket from 1.6 – 3.0 mm to 900 micron buffer;
► Second Hole: Stripping Buffer from 900 micron to 250 micron coating;
► Third Hole: Stripping Coating from 250 micron to 125 micron glass fiber core.
This Fiber Optic Stripper strips the 1.6-3 mm fiber jacket down to the 600-900 micron buffer coating. The second hole strips the 600-900 micron buffer coating down to the 250 micron coating and the third hole is used to strip the 250 micron cable down to the glass fiber without nicks or scratches. Handle is made of TPR (Thermoplastic Rubber) and tool is 6" long.
► For stripping 250 micron buffer coating to expose 125 micron cladded fiber;
► 140 μm diameter hole and V- opening in blade allows removal of 250 micron buffer coating from 125micron fiber;
► Second hole for stripping 2-3 mm fiber jackets;
► Pre-set at the factory—no adjustments needed;
► Will not scratch or nick glass fiber;
► All stripping surfaces are manufactured to precise tolerances to assure clean, smooth strips;
► Comfort-grip, ergonomic handles;
► Lock to hold tool closed when it is not in use.
● Packing Information:
Fiber Optic Stripper
For stripping 250 micron buffer coating to expose 125 micron cladded fiber
Notes: This tool is a manually operated cutting device for stripping coatings from optical fiber and not intended to cut or strip wire or Kevlar®
● Quick Details:
Stripping is the act of removing the protective polymer coating around optical fiber in preparation for fusion splicing, so a good quality fiber stripper will safely and efficiently remove the outside jacket from an optical fiber cable, and can help you speed up the process of performing fiber network maintenance work and avoid excessive network downtime.
● FIBER OPTIC STRIPPER Instruction Sheet:
1. The larger stripping notch at the tip of the tool can be used to remove fiber jacket, ranging in sizes 2mm to 3mm. Grasping the tool firmly, close the tool around the jacket and strip-off the jacket material.
2. If there are Kevlar® strength members, cut them using a "Kevlar® cutter", such as the Miller KS-1 or 86-1/2SF Kevlar® shears.
3. The smaller stripping notch closest to the pivot point is designed to remove, in a single operation, the 900μm & 250μm coatings to expose the 125μm fiber (900μm & 250μm are removed at the same time). a. Insert the fiber into the small notch. b. Close the tool squarely with the fiber. Close completely, but do not squeeze hard. Depending on the fiber construction, angling the tool slightly may improve the stripping. c. Draw the tool towards the end of the fiber, exerting steady pressure. We recommend several short strips to achieve the desired finished length.
4. Note: Always make sure the fiber stripping notch is clean and clear of any debris.
Welcome to buy the fiber optic cale stripper for 3.0mm 2.0mm 0.9mm with our factory. As one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers in China, we also welcome the customized orders. Consult the price and the quotation with us now.